Sunday 11 March 2012

AMES St Albans - final workshop drawings A

At St Albans AMES (Australian Migrant Education Service) we have been practising cartoon drawing and experimenting with how to tell our stories through pictures and words.
The final artworks were about the themes:
  • Homelands, Heartlands 
  • future Hopes and Dreams.
  • A story about you - where you came from and where you are now
This work will be exhibited at Gallery Sunshine Everywhere during Refugee week in June 2012.
Above: "Portrait of Lan Painting"
by Thuyen
I want to become an artist in the future and I want to draw simple things that I can see in front of me. The reason why I drew Lan is because he is my friend. Lan is painting his picture about Hawaii.

Above: by Sukhraj Kaur
I want to show that one person has two faces and what they are on the inside is completely different from the outside.

Above : by Dieu

I hope my Daughter goes to university and that when she comes out of university she will get a good job. She will be happy and not need to worry about anything.
My house is very old. I hope I will be able to repair it. I have grown six watermelon and four rockmelon and they are sweet. I have planted a lot of fruit trees so that in the future I will have a lot of fruit to eat.
I hope happiness will come to my family.

Above: By Ali
This is about the environment.I like this environment and I would like everywhere to be like this; mountains, sunshine, river, trees and birds. In the picture there is a shelter.

Above: By Amela

Above: by Violeta

Above: by Victoria

Above: By Amy

Above: by Dayan

Above: by Biruk

Above: By Anyieth

Above: By Benjamin
My country is Myanmar. This is my house, with a road in front of it. My home is near the river. The goat is eating from the mango tree. My friend Thum killed the tiger. This happened ten years ago.
5.3.2012


Exquisite me

Exquisite Me is an arts project that explores the collective experiences, stories and representations of identities of young people in Sunshine and Brimbank. These experiences, stories and representations will be explored during various art and writing workshops run by  community artist Debbie Qadri. The artwork and writing will be displayed as a large collaborative work, in a number of venues in Sunshine, including Gallery Sunshine Everywhere. Some of the artwork and writing will be published in a zine format and also made into an artist’s book for the Sunshine Library. Workshops will be held at schools, community groups and at Council facilities such as the Sunshine Library . 
Thankyou for your support and involvement -  AMES ( Adult Migrant Education Services), Marian College, Ardeer Primary School, Sunshine College, Sunshine Library and  Gallery Sunshine Everywhere. 


The Exquisite Me Project and Gallery Sunshine Everywhere kindly acknowledges the support of the Brimbank City Council Community Grants Program.

No comments:

Post a Comment