Saturday 17 March 2012

Sunshine college video of paintings




Exquisite Me Self-Portraits by students of Sunshine College
The exhibition of this artwork is on show at 
Gallery Sunshine Everywhere from Sunday  18th March 2012
The Granary Cafe,
Devonshire Road, Sunshine, Melbourne.

Year 7 and 8 students  from Sunshine College (Ardeer Campus), have made paintings that represent some aspects of who they are.

Here is the link to the video made of the self-portrait paintings from sunshine college
http://youtu.be/NDtx7sxdfqM


The portraits are on three canvases so that the figures can be intermingled to create many images of figures that share experiences and identities.

Exquisite Me is an arts project that explores the collective experiences, stories and representations of identities of young people in Sunshine and Brimbank.

Thanks to the student's art teacher Mirjana Vuc-Nikic for her support and interest in the project and the Leadership Team at Sunshine College for their support.

The Exquisite Me Project and Gallery Sunshine Everywhere kindly acknowledges the support of the Brimbank City Council Community Grants Program.




A COLLABORATIVE ARTIST"S STATEMENT

My painting is about what I like to do best which is being outside and enjoying my life. To do this task, it put a lot of pressure onto me because we had a date that we had to finish it! The colours are ones that I like and show what sort of things I do.




 
My drawing is about the Ninja and I drew the ninja because I like to watch a lot of karate Ninja movies. My drawing is about how I want to be a baker and I drew my dog which died.
I like dangerous things ( housefire, tiger fight, etc) so I put a burning house and made myself a dragon because I like them. I have a PS3 controller because I like games and a sun around my head to represent bright ideas.


My artwork is just about some of my favourite colours and a cartoon drawing of me. I fund drawing hard because I didn’t know what to do. My favourite part was painting because it is one of my favourite things.
I included pawprints because I had them on my graduation bear. I used ladybirds because they stand out against the face of the girl. My lovely picture is about how I always think imaginatively and I always go a fantasy look and that’s why I drew myself as a butterfly.




I drew a picture of an alien with Shanae because both of us really like to be crazy and we both love nature. So this picture is all about nature with an alien which represents both of us! Shanae loves Chucks and I like fancy dress so our picture is all about what we love. The Chinese words mean love!


We did the head as an eye because we are like aliens, very silly and different. We did the picture of the person in an outside landscape because we love nature and animals
I drew my painting because I like Soccer. I play for Sunshine Heights Primary and I drew the rainbow because it would look colourful.



My drawing is about me being rich and being cool. It represents that I always wear a hat.
I drew that dragon because I like dragons. I drew my head down the bottom because I thought it would look good there.


I did the colours of the clothes, the colours that I like. I don’t like painting so I didn’t really enjoy doing this.
My artwork is a painting about me.
My favourite part is the dress.


My drawing is about when I grow up I want to be famous.
This was very annoying and lots of pressure. Because it was going to be going in a café so everybody could see it so it was challenging.



I think this painting really expresses everything about me. My head is me thinking of stuff. My body is fashion. I LOVE FASHION and my legs are sport legs. I also love sport. Well I love painting. I think I’ve done well and I love the fact you can express your feelings through art.
My artwork is about tennis because I love to play tennis and it is an awesome sport. I really enjoyed painting this canvas because I have never done this before. I want people to understand that what I am painting and its all about tennis. I find it difficult mixing colours and to paint where the white parts are.



I like to draw and I like to use lots of paint on my pictures.
My drawing is about me being rich and famous. I drew this drawing because it represents me when I go to church or somewhere special.

No comments:

Post a Comment